Trying for refund for my 6800GT & PSU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xiahou

In Runtime
Hey guys,

I was able to get overclockers to check my card and powersupply, and after much haggling, they gave in for the full refund instead of replacements.

OK, this is it now.

The thing is, my 6800GT and powersupply are fine. I wont tell what I said in the email about what was wrong, because ~ I never, I just said they do.

I need your most brilliant and wonderful ideas of,

how to mess up my gfx card and psu.

I said this before, Ill never buy from overclockers again, nor Britain.

I am going to HOPEFULLY buy (with the money refunded) the eVGA 7800GT

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?item=N82E16814130249

Dont know why, but this is 70 MHz more on clockspeed, and 100MHz more on the mem clock.

And the powersupply ~

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817103512

I can buy this, if you just tell me how to messed up my graphics card and powersupply best!

BUT WAIT > THERES MORE!

Must do with serious caution,

I dont want blown up.
I cant make it look like i messed them up deliberately, this means no painting on the circuits.

----

anyway, please like i said before, please tell how i can mess up them best !

Cheers.

(Btw, I asked about this before, I just want a wider range of opinions. Still got the PMs i sent and received a while ago if you helped me before !. )

clean up your language and ask questions. I don't even know what you mean buy saying you want to screw it up. what's that supposed to mean? Call me backwoods, but manners and clarity do a lot around here in missouri.

Ryan

K, i sorted the post, but im sure now that we are big boys we can handle a swear word without creasing ourselves, but thx anyway..

The 6800GT that I bought is the same price as the 7800GT in US, and the powersupply that I got I can get the enermax whisper for the same price, and the powersupply I got is like 400W.

Anyway, idea >

Refund, Buy parts from US or somewhere else in Europe.

Simple, except for the refund part.

Hmm Newegg doesn't ship to Britain? Anyways you could allways overclock it like a b*tch or put some serious heat onto its core.

Well, when i first bought the components, I never realised there was such a price difference between britain and other places.

If I get full refund for my psu and gfx card that I bought from overclockers.co.uk, I would have enough money to buy the 535W Enermax whisper II and a 7800GT, but even the GTX isnt that much more expensive..

(Forgive me if I am reading your intentions incorrectly, but...) Well, if you are trying to scam the company because you did not do your homework in the first place and shop around for the best prices, then shame on you. You should have done some more research. If there is nothing wrong with the parts, then use them and be happy they work. Or sell them to someone who needs them, and buy the other stuff you want.

Well, thats 1 view, but heres mines.

Britain is trying to scam me.

And thats how we feel.

You're saying it's OK to go into Walmart, buy a video game for $50, go to Kmart, and they have it at a lower price...so scratch the CD and return it?

Uh, as F6Hawk said...what you're doing is illegal, and I'm sure nobody should nor will help. I don't see any way you could honestly think this is right... so!

I have an idea: write an e-mail to the place you bought these from, and include a link to this thread.

Suck it up.

u say that from your point of view, you are american, you have the ability to buy components for the fun of it for such a cheap price to us britains.

Suck it up? I obviously tried this, never worked.

Put it like this, If you got nothing good to say, dont.

(wouldnt call it illegal to me, would call it... tweaking with graphics cards..)

I shall be scammed from nobody no longer with my money.

Btw, if the mods/admins dont like this thread, i have no objections if you take it off. :bald:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom