3DMark03 Scores

Status
Not open for further replies.

snowpunk

In Runtime
I am new to overclocking my video card and just started playing with 3DMark03 today. I got my scores back from many different tweaks that I made over many hours today.

So great, I get this score, but I have nothing to compare it to. Can anyone tell me what a good score and a what a bad score might be?

All my tweaks were producing scores in the 4000's. I think my highest was in the 4500 range. Compared to posts from a year ago for my particular video card, that score seems great, but I don't know if it can hang with today's standards.

-AMD Athlon 64 3200+ Venice, 2.0 Ghz @ 2.4 Ghz
-eVGA e-GeForce 6200 AGP 128-bit 256 Mb (369/611)

well, it's not baaaad, persay, but it's not really that great. Your video card is the clear, clear, undeniably clear bottleneck. I ring up between 5500-5800 depending on how much of an OC'ing mood I'm in, but I have an x700. I'm not bragging, cause my card is by no means great, but I'd really feel good about my gaming if I landed in the 7000's. That would be all the power I'd need at the moment.

Ryan

What he means is that 4,500 is a good score for your system, no higher should be expected though. I used to get around 4,800 with my old Socket A setup - with a 6800 GT.

However, synthetic benchmarks like 3DMark, Aquamark et all should not be equated to actual run time performance in games. In other words, don't take it too seriously ;)

I just unlocked the 4 locked pipelines using Rivatuner. This card is brand new and I'm very suprised it is using the old chip that allows me to tweak it. Anyways, with the pipelines unlocked my best 3DMark score is 5183 at 348/598.

Those setting seem low, and what I don't understand is when I move either settings up higher my score drops.

what I mean is that your processor is very strong for gaming. The video card is holding back the system as a whole. BUT, in addition, if the video card is working for you in your games, then do not worry about upgrading. The only think I was saying is that the card is the weak spot for your benchmarks.

Ryan

yes u got a great gaming chip but the card is going to kill your gaming performance, you should look into a 6600gt if you can't any of the higher end cards, or even a 6800nu and unlock some pipes on it.

Just realised you said 3DMark03, not 05, my bad.

Regardless, going by the Futuremark ORB that score seems about average for your setup.

But I stress: what is in-game performance like? If it's good enough for you, then fine. If not, you can look at an upgrade...

doomuk, i take it you got a voltmodded water cooled 7800gtx to get that 05 score since its very hard to get a 7800 to do 10k without mods and excellent cooling. Sorry, bit off topic but that score caught my eye when i just finished lookin at a 10k on a 7800gtx that was volt modded and water cooled by a guy with an fx 55

snowpunk said:
I just unlocked the 4 locked pipelines using Rivatuner. This card is brand new and I'm very suprised it is using the old chip that allows me to tweak it. Anyways, with the pipelines unlocked my best 3DMark score is 5183 at 348/598.

Those setting seem low, and what I don't understand is when I move either settings up higher my score drops.

sometimes you just push your video card too far, and thats why you get lower scores. just go back a little, then run the test again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom