Upgrade videocard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ESv1

Solid State Member
Hey,

I have an AMD Sempron 2200+ and currently a Radeon9800pro128MB. I want to know if my FPS and gameplay performance will actually go up if I get a newer video card. And if all possible can you guys suggest a good video card for and AGP computer. I appreciate any help I recieve from this area.

The best you can do is a 6800 series card from Nvidia. It's gonna cost you a pretty penny. The 9800 is still a pretty stong card. Do you have it overclocked? You should try to OC it if you haven't. Save your money till you upgrade your system as a whole. By buying a 6800 series, you'll just be delaying the inevitable. I mean, it'll do great on today's games, but then you'll be stuck with a card that won't go into your next system.

Ryan

Well, I am playing in the LAN in NYC web2zone newegg this weekend and if I win I get a brand new $3000 rig. Pray for me. :D :D

Yea, dont spend too much money on a new card just yet. Budget providing, just get a 6600GT, and then wait for the 7800GTX to come down and then build a brand new system.

your cpu is going to bottleneck your card, so dont go anything over a 6600GT, i say dont even upgrade, untill you upgrade your cpu.

That's cool. I am thinking about a makeover for my rig anyway. I want to get the AMD Athlon 64 bit X2 Dual core 4400+ package. my problems would be solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom