Software move...

Status
Not open for further replies.

chevyblur

Beta member
Is there any way to move software from one hard drive to another such as a game without having the disk? If not, can you run the software from the one drive as a slave?

no and no. both have to do with the registry. moving he game might work if you know what EXACTLY the installation of the program does regarding to changing/putting files on your system and registry. running it from a slave disk again won't work because of the missing entries in the registry of the disk you're running the OS from.

actually, I've had a few work (in limited capacity). Again, like said above it will cause problems. Like UT (original) was just copied to another HDD and ran perfectly fine, HOWEVER some other games I've tried this on had problems that ranged anywhere from not being able to save, make vid changes, or just not work. It just all depends.

Actually you can. Last night I was installing a wireless network for Uhaul and a Doctor so the can connect together. After that, I cleaned his pc up, shitloads of spyware etc. Anyways, He has software for his Uhaul business. He asked me if there was a way for two people to use it at the same time on 2 different computers, I said it depends on the software and if it was written to do that or support it, it does so I hooked him up. I mapped the drives so he can see the other pc for his wife to use, put the same Icon on her desktop as he has, pointed it to his harddrive and it worked. All we needed was to install a few .dll's and it worked. I didnt install the .dll's personally, they are associated with .mdb files, access, but he got it to install and use properly. Also I did this 2 weeks ago with our ATI software. Something on the mobo screwed up, I took the HDD out and put it as a slave on the new pc, redirected the icon properties to point to the slave and it worked, So yes you can do it, somewhat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom