bottleneck?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tommyboy123x

Daemon Poster
Im building a system for a friend and i want to know what the bottleneck could potentially be or is. This is a multipurpose system (ie moderate gaming, web surfing, programming, etc). Here are the specs (detailed for accuracy)

AMD 4200+ X2
Asus A8N-SLI Premium
Leadtek 6800gt
WD 200gb 3.0gb/s HDD
NEC Dual-sided DVD/CD burner
2 gigs low latancy RAM (2-5-2-3 i believe)
600w SLI PSU
wireless card (A/G/B frequency)
creative audigy 2zs gamers ed.
creative 2.1 speakers (3300 itruige)
LG1781Q (17" 8ms)
the usual stuff (floppy, fans, case, etc)

any recommendations of an upgrade or w/e is cool too since it hasnt been bought yet :p

thanks!

your sound card is bottlenecking your floppy drive.

it's all practically close to top of the line stuff...unless you went complete top of the line with everything, what kind of bottleneck could possibly exist there

With most any system, your hard drive is a bottleneck of sorts. If you were looking to upgrade the data transfer speed to and from hard drives, you might want to consider using a 10k rpm HD or even getting 2 or more identical drives and putting them into a RAID-0 array.

But it is common to just use one regular 7200rpm HD. I havent even bothered to use a RAID array or even a 10k rpm drive.

lol wow, I saw it in flankers sig, but I just now noticed the other two responses

::takes his bow:: well thanks.....I've never won any award like this before....I'd like to thank my producers....my mom for giving me that support and courage I needed to accomplish this goal....and of course you...my fans :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom