• uncontrolled reboot

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

amd643200+

Banned
I was reading an article about chip manufacturers and it says that Intel has about an 73% market share AMD is about 17% leaving 10% to the rest. But I thought that that seemed off becaue it seems on all of the forums and in the Poll's that amd is the #1 choice anyway I just though it was interesting the type of computer user that people are who are drawn to AMD are also the ones who participate in computer forums.

feel free to share your thoughts

and just so it is not muisunderstud I do beleive and understand how intel has such a huge market share but I think that t is interesting that in the forums it is not represented this way

Well, for what it's worth, I'm an intel user, and I participate in the forums. Just wanted to represent!

You have to look past CPUs here. Both of these manufacturers produce more than just CPUs. Intel has the lead because of there presence in the motherboard ,network hardware and PDA market. They make chips for many types of electronics not just PCs. You can find amd chips on many things but intel has many more products it puts its chips in.

amd643200+ said:
I was reading an article about chip manufacturers and it says that Intel has about an 73% market share AMD is about 17% leaving 10% to the rest. But I thought that that seemed off becaue it seems on all of the forums and in the Poll's that amd is the #1 choice anyway I just though it was interesting the type of computer user that people are who are drawn to AMD are also the ones who participate in computer forums.

The question I always ask is :-

1. Who published this article?
If find that some sourse of information are biased.

2. How did they come to this result?
After studying this book in high school for a major project :-
0393310728.01._PE20_PIdp-schmoo2,TopRight,7,-26_SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg

"How to Lie With Statistics" by Darrell Huff
I will question any one you just gives me "Facts and Figures" :cool:

Personally, I am AMD all the way.
Even down to the point where I demand my boss to give me an AMD based work station. (which he did)

its is just simply based on sales and is reported taken from stock information sites and is reported like that almost everywhere

amd643200+ said:
its is just simply based on sales and is reported taken from stock information sites and is reported like that almost everywhere

Well, not that i sit down at thing about it, they are prolly including the market share for both Desktops and Notebooks Computers. And considering that there has been a massive increase in sales for Notebook computer. Followed by the fact that there are more Notebooks are are Intel Based appose to AMD Based.

I can now belived that the sales of INTEL to AMD CPU are at approx 73:17.

Is this artical online????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom