Status
Not open for further replies.
yes iv tried 2 diferent harddrives, both of which bios finds,
iv used 3 diferent cd drives
tried 3 diferent discs of windows xp
and have tried 2 types of ram
no it doesnt power down

Have you tried a different psu ?
Eventually we will find the faulty part lol.
You have checked the connections on all these wires right ?
(im sure you have, I just have to ask)

yeh iv checked all my connections, i havnt tried another psu yet, i kinda got sick of pulling my pc apart after i tried my cpu in it.
i dont think it would be the psu causing it, im leaning more towards the motherboard, or the harddrives, coz it freezes at the exact point each time

if i used my computer to install windows onto a hdd and then wacked it b4 i ran it and installed all the drivers, do u think it might work?

Yeah, I definetly could be the HDD's.

Can you put a working HDD into that new machine and see if it boots ? I think its kinda weird that you have tried 2 HDD's and neither of them make it past that same spot. 2 faulty HDD's ?

omg!!! i just realised i never tried a different ide cable, if i put a hdd with windows on it it starts to boot but then freezes, but thats normal isnt it because of so much new hardware

yeh i can get into bios, i said that. it finds the hdd an everything, and they both work in my comp, its only when trying to install windows it freezes when it says, setup is starting windows, after it loads all the files.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom