can you change your ip\mac address

Status
Not open for further replies.
ip, you can change if you ISP provides you witha dynamic. you can change that by logging off and back on if you're on dial-up, or by typing in cmd, ipconfig /release and ipconfig /renew or switching off your modem and turning it back on if you're on
dsl

the mac address cannot be changed for the simple fact that your NIC has a specific mac address which specifies the brand etc. it's hardcoded on the card and will not change!

You can change the MAC address. Go to download.com and search for MAC address.

those programs don't change your mac address. they just spoof it. your mac address in reality will remain the same. depending on what you want to do, that may or may not be what you want.

Oh right yeah I see what you mean. Well I'm sure it'll be adequate for whatever he wants to do.

OK but if the NIC was changed out for a new NIC, which are selling really cheap right now, would it alter the MAC address. Or is it stored in the BIOS on the mother board?

every NIC carries its own MAC. so if you changed your NIC, then you'd have a different MAC.

I have a tool for changing it. Dunno if it spoofs it or whatever, but it works if I want to connect the cable modem directly to my NIC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom