why has this torture fall upon me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

slavich

Baseband Member
well i installed a SATA 150 gig harddrive, i also installed Win XP PRO on it the drivers on it and everything.

but for some reason it only starts up windows ONLY if it can boot from an xp disk

if the disk is not in the drive, or the bios are not set on "first boot devise cdrom" 3 things might happen.

1: after it does the verifyind dma pool data (its supposed to load windows after this) it goes to a black screen and stays that way (untill i turn it off)

2: after the dma pool data thing it again goes to the black screen with a white loading bar at the bottom and gets stuck on 2% and stays that way (again untill i shut it down)

3: after the dma pool data again it goes to the black screen with a white loading bar which LOADS this time but followed by the blue screen of doom its a blue screen that says:

due to an error windows has to shut down to prevent damage to ur computer

if this is the first time u see this messagee, restart ur comp. or remove any newly installed hardware or contact ypu BLAH BLAH BLAH

now if the win xp boot disk IS in the drive and if the 1st boot devise is a cd rom in which the XP disk is located, then no problem but i still dont like this

i tried formatting the drive again and reinstalling 3 times
same problem.

a friend told me it has something to do with a corrupt MBR

well i desided not to bother and RMA'd it (return it to manufacturer and they will send me a new one)

well i just got it and as far as i see even when i didnt fully indtall it it BEGAN MAKING THE SAME SIGNS OF DOOM AGAIN!!

If its not booted from the xp cd the black screen with a loading bar, or a blue screen of doom telling me to do chkdsk (which I DID) same thing happens

it will only start installing if its booted from the disk.

usually it does go to the installation without the disk butit tells me to pop in the disk. but even without the disk, you see whats happening THE SAME THING HAPPENED LAST TIME!

plus now when its installing, it gets stuck in the "preparing the installation"stage, usually it goes quick BUT NOW THIS!!

fif that, it does not boot because it boots from a harddrive, and for some reason as i said earlier, it boots only from the windows disk

slavich said:
fif that, it does not boot because it boots from a harddrive, and for some reason as i said earlier, it boots only from the windows disk

I seriously have no idea what your saying. "it does not boot because it boots from a harddrive."??? What does that mean?

If you properly installed an operating system like windows XP sucessfully on a harddrive, then by changing your (Boot Sequence) in your BIOS from boot to CD - to boot to HDD..... Restart your PC and the OS will boot from HDD.

If it won't boot from the HDD, either it's not installed properly or there is a problem with the MBR or Master Boot Record. Try reinstalling the OS again on the HDD.

ALSO - What motherboard do you have? Does it have onboard SATA controllers? IF so, then also check the BIOS and determine if it also has a RAID controller. Sometimes those RAID controllers have adjustments in the BIOS, enable / disable or sometimes other options. THe default settings might be set for RAID configs.

firmware?

ok let me try to explain it

THE ONLY way my OS turns on is if the boot priority is set on a cd rom, with the XP disk inside the cdrom drive

i tried swithching the bios to boot it from the harddrive,

i got the black screen with loading bar followed by a blue screen

if its not like this, the black screen with a loading bar will come up followed by a B.S.O.D.

the main point is for some reason my SATA harddrive is dependant on the windows XP cd and without it it cannot start the OS

i have an ESC motherboard right now my primary harddrive is crappyone from a PS2 5200 rpm, thats why i am trying to get this sata to work as my OS harddrive

what is the model of your motherboard, and what is the model of the sata hard drive you are trying to install?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom