$160 to spend on gaming headset

Status
Not open for further replies.

j4ckaL

Daemon Poster
any suggestions? They have to be good becuase I'm just getting 2.1 speakers and this headset will be my main audio when gaming.

Are wireless headsets good quality? what about ones that use a USB connection?

do I need 5.1 headset or will X-Fi soundcard turn 2.1 phones into surround sound?

hmm...it says it uses USB so no sound card is required but does that mean that it can't use a sound card? I want to use my Creative X-Fi.

look up the Medusa 5.1 headset (non-usb) i think it goes for $120? My roommate has this and it's pretty cool. I've tried them out on BF2 and they are better than i thought they would be. he also has the x-fi (lucky bum). :p

I just got a new gaming headset that is nice. It is cheaper then what u are looking at but still nice. It is the Audio Fx Force Feedback Gaming Headset

It uses usb as well as plugins. I like the force feedback because you feel the game and makes it seem like even more bass. It seems to cancel noise very well and covers your ears. I like it but since u got a bunch of cash u might want to go for some high end seinhausers however u spell that.

yeah the DSP-500s need no sound card at all, that how it elimiates all the static and problems you have with low end sound cards.

For one it will releive your CPU of all audio processing tasks which will help game performance. It runs at 400Mhz compared to the Audigy2 which runs at 200Mhz. It's capable of 10,340 million instructions per second while the audigy2 can only do 424MIP. Also it can make your setreo recordings sound like surround sound, even on stereo speakers. To top it all off it supports EAX Advanced HD 5.0. For only $125 I can't see any reason to go with an Audigy2 over this.

The medusa sucks. Go to www.head-fi.org/forums for more information. Get the Audio-Technica ATH-A900 instead. In fact, all "5.1" headphones under $900 suck. Even the ones for $900+ are not very good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom