PS3 could lose Sony $100 for every unit sold

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Re: PS3 could lose Sony $100 for every unit sold

ShoobieRat said:
Pthtpptht!!!

This is nothing out of the ordinary. Console makers always take a hit on their consoles because they know they can make it up with the sales of games and add-on crap.

LOL - Yeah, like the 8MB memory cards that cost $24.99.
You could buy a Corsair VS 256MB PC3200 module for $24.99 at newegg.com

That's nuts...

hell u can get a 128 meg flash drive for 20 why 25 for an 8 meg thats how they can make up money my guess it costs about $4 to make one.

im just glad ps3 will be blue tooth cause my headset keyboard and controller get into a huuuge tangle eventually it turns into just like 2 ft extention from all tangling

lol there is a "rats nest" behinde my computer and all my xbox controllers are tangled thanks to my lazy as brother.

NewCents05 said:
360 comes out on thanksgiving i believe and i still would pay well over 50 for a blue ray disc cause its high definition longer game play and graphics would be incredible

Yeah...that is if the game creator's choose to take advantage of it. Obviously some will, but sadly...most won't. Precisely why there are so many terrible games out there now, and a handful of good ones...

Cage K said:
Good post. I did not realize that companies lose money when they first release their console. Has it always been like this? I'm into video games, but not as much as many of you here, and I never really followed the whole industry and process it takes into releasing a new console or game.
For that they loose on the consoles, they make up on with the assessories and software

Re: Re: Re: PS3 could lose Sony $100 for every unit sold

HAVOC2k5 said:
LOL - Yeah, like the 8MB memory cards that cost $24.99.
You could buy a Corsair VS 256MB PC3200 module for $24.99 at newegg.com

That's nuts...

That's apples and oranges...
Memory cards are flash and a PC3200 is SDRAM. I could wire up your Corsair to work in your Playstation. Of course you'd lose all your game saves as soon as you turn off the Playstation. Flash memory is a lot more expensive than SDRAM. Although I agree that $25 for 8MB is a little high. I am currently working on a project that uses 16Mb flash chips that cost about $3 to $4 each. It would take 4 of those chips to make 8MB, so it would be about $12 to $16.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom