No boot up with new installation

Status
Not open for further replies.

detached

Beta member
I just bought an ATI FireGL Z1 workstation graphics card. It requires and AGP 4X/8X slot which I have, and an extra mini 4-pin power connector which I also have. All is hooked up the way it should be.

Now, After I have physically installed it, and hooked it up to my monitor (which works fine), and I turn on the computer, the computer fails to boot. The fans and the harddrive start spinning but there is no "BEEP" sound which is normally there, and nothing shows up on the screen, just black.

The fan for the GPU on the card is running and I have the monitor connected to the right DVI port on the back. It seems like the computer is just not recognizing the card or the card isn't communicating with the system.

This happens in both my computer and nothing seems to be making much difference. The ATI manual strongly advised to have the lastest updated chipset drivers for the motherboard. Both my motherboards are about a year old, but otherwise completely compatible with the card.

Could a chipset driver be the issue? If so how would I go about updating it? Is it possible that the card is busted even though the fan works fine? Has anyone ever encountered this problem?

If anyone has any suggestions, I would greatly appretiate it.

Thanks

Brian N.

Check your bios and see if there is an option to boot from AGP video, not onboard or PCI. (shut off onboard video if there is an option. Also, make sure that the card is in the slot all the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom