USB MASS storage problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

some1

Beta member
Yesterday, I was transfering files to my mass storage device. suddenly the sys reboot its self. After that, my mass storage device and my flash memory card are detected by window as Unknown devices. Same, problem occurs, even I plug it in other usb ports. So, I try to plug my mass storage device on another pc, it works perfectly.

what have I try so far:
(1) I try both front usb 1.1 and back usb 2.0, but neither of them work.
(2)I have reinstall my window for three times, I even try my friend's XP CD.
(3) load bios' (system optimal), then reinstall again.

symptom:
The system does have usbstor.inf and usbstor.pnf in the /window/inf folder, but the system does not have usbstor.sys in the /window/sys 32/driver folder. Plus I cant find usbstor folder in regedit at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\
*even though I reinstall my window(format)

possible causes:
(1)someone tells me that it is a power surge, but is that possible that all my four usb ports suffed from a power surge?
(2)is importing usbtor files to regedit a solution, if yes then how?

I know it is very strange case, can anyone help me!

Thank you all!

p.s
I plug my camera in the same usb, it recognizes it as a usb device(not as camera), but I can fix it with my camera driver.
if I plug in my usb mouse, it works perfectly.
When I plug in anything like storage (ipod,or flash memory bar, or mass storage) it reconigzes it as unknow device.

do you have the usb mass storage compatibility feature on your mobo turned off? that could be a problem. it might have been turned off from that power surge you said you had.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom