Strange Memory Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

gust_nul

In Runtime
i have a weird memory problem, its on my laptop, it have 256mb dram but its only showing 192mb ram under system, but then when i look under system information it says 17mb is the available physical memory is 21mb but that changes all the time, and ideas people! check on the attach.. its the screen shot of my problem

Attachments

• weird.gif
    weird.gif
    24.9 KB · Views: 36
Looks like you have a bunch of processes or running apps that take a lot of memory.

Try running memtest86 or memtest to see if you have any leaks.
NOTE : 256 is pretty low for todays apps and technologies.

dude, you gotta realize that it says "available". you are using all the rest. so, johnny, is this your own computer? you probably have 64mb set aside for video, so it doesn't show up on that screen.

well when i use msn messenger the emoticans dont show up and yeah i get your drift now... about the available part...thanks

ok... im using a toshiba and it seems to have alot of different software running like..touch and launch, for the touch pad just diferent stupid programs.. i installed a clean copy of xp.. without all the usless software but obviously i would need all the drivers installed again so whats the point:Z

Check your bios and see if you can control how much memory is used for onboard video. I think that 16mb or 32 for onboard is plenty. This will free up the other 32 or so and bring you closer to 256.

ok mate will do.. thanks, did you read what i said about the copy of xp... is tere anyway around putting a clean copy of xp without all the toshiba crap on... look up ^^^^^^^^^

gust_nul said:
ok mate will do.. thanks, did you read what i said about the copy of xp... is tere anyway around putting a clean copy of xp without all the toshiba crap on... look up ^^^^^^^^^

Purchase a copy of Windows XP and reload the o/s. I dont see a need to though. If you can get another stick of 256 in there, it will be more than you will need to run XP smoothly.

dude, you gotta realize that it says "available". you are using all the rest. so, johnny, is this your own computer? you probably have 64mb set aside for video, so it doesn't show up on that screen.
this would be the correct answer I believe...and I'm glad someone noticed this....64mb of that memory is going to your onboard video

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom