Need help with bootdisk

Status
Not open for further replies.

paultfh

Solid State Member
I have win xp installed on my machine and can't get it to load.

What I want to do is create a dos/win 98 boot cd so I can access from files on the c: drive, coupled with cdrom support from the command line.

Thanks

Thanks, I am now able to get to a dos prompt. Is there a way to run the xp recovery console from dos? Or is there another program I can run to rebuild/repair the boot files?

I don't think so, you can either run the recovery console right from your XP disk, or you can install it on another partition and it shows up as a boot option.

User this instead. it runs WinPE which allows you to do a lot more.
http://www.nu2.nu/pebuilder/

To run recovery console, you need to boot from the XP disk. Then select R at the screen prompt for what you want to do.

Good luck

The problem is when I run from the XP CD, it stops before the reocvery option and says:

ntkrnlmp.exe could not be loaded
Error Code 7

Sounds like you might have a bad CD. If you need a new one, find a ISO online or have Warez tell you where one is. You can only do this if you have a full release CD, otherwise it's illegal. You will also need the Key code from your disk if you reinstall that way.

Good luck

Inaris said:
Sounds like you might have a bad CD. If you need a new one, find a ISO online or have Warez tell you where one is. You can only do this if you have a full release CD, otherwise it's illegal. You will also need the Key code from your disk if you reinstall that way.

Good luck

Thats what I thought, I've tried 4 different ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom