Looking for good graphics card. Any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

john2562

Baseband Member
Ok so I have looked at many graphics cards, but not sure which one to choose. I am very much into gaming and graphics, looking for PCI express and 256MB video memory. I have two PCI express slots available. I would like to stay at $500 maybe more. Any suggestions?

My computer specs:

Intel Pentium 4 3.2GHz (HT) / Kingston 2GB Duel channel RAM/ 200GB SATA HDD / DVD±RW Dual-Layer / CD-ROM / Flash Media Reader/ Windows XP Home/ 500 Watt Power Supply/ Graphics Card????

nVidia 7800GT, without a doubt. Then flash the VGA BIOS into GTX, saving you about a hundred dollars. the GT is around 350-400 is im not mistaken, and then you can save up for another to SLi it.

As for brands, go for XFX, eVGA, Leadtek, or BFG...not necessarily in that order

ZeroStrife49 said:
nVidia 7800GT, without a doubt. Then flash the VGA BIOS into GTX, saving you about a hundred dollars. the GT is around 350-400 is im not mistaken, and then you can save up for another to SLi it.

As for brands, go for XFX, eVGA, Leadtek, or BFG...not necessarily in that order

correct me if i am wrong but i dont think it is that simple, i heard that the card manufacturers did a pretty good job of nuking those cards. i have never done that sort of thing but surely if it was that simple nobody would buy the GTX. btw i am serious about telling me because it will save me about £100.

you would have to release 4 more pixel pipelines (this could be very difficult as the i heard that the card manufacturers did a good job of nuking their cards).
increase the speeds (via OC) but the 7800gt will never be able to catch up with a 7800gtx which has recieved the same treatment.
increase the bandwidth by 5GB/s?

hmmmmm...souds tricky to say the least

Thanks for your replies. It sounds like the 7800 is a beast. I will be considering it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom