Hows this pc build sound?

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh stupid me, i thought it said 299, lol, its 199...but still a bit 2 expensive...

what about the 124 dollar one? come on man, if i look between the cusions of my couch i can find that much.. :p

wagzz said:

im going to use this for gaming, internet, graphic design...but i dont wanna spend heaps on this, that price there is something im happy with, im willing to go at most about $50-80 more than that, please let me know if there should be any changes to make etc...by the way i live in australia, so please note if its US dollar or australian dollar lol

Because u said "gaming" as the first thing on your list, your video card is the priority in that system. I would not recommend going less than a 6600gt for games, but u could go 9800pro or x700 if your not fussy about resoultion and quality graphics.....u can buy some decent case/psu combos that are fine...like anything Antec brand. U dont need a $70 USD psu for a budget system like that....

can u give us a link to a online Australian site that u are buying the parts from??

btw hearing the word "heaps" made me chuckle....traveled with some aussies years ago...

www.techbuy.com.au
and
www.swiftlink.com.au

are the best ones ive found so far...

i dont need it to be a top of the range gaming machine, but i do want it to play some half decent games...like maybe farcry and cs etc..maybe i might spend a bit more on a vid card, i'll keep looking...

the case/psu combo i found is $70aud, which is the cheapest nice one ive found, im gonna do some mods to it myself to save some cash(im a bit of a hands on person)...so yeh i'll take a look at some vid cards now...and let ya's know :D

p.s. i thought 'heaps' was a common word across the world?

:EDIT:

k done some looking..heres what ive found...and i decided, why not spend an extra $100bucks lol...but not spending anymore than that...

http://www.swiftlink.com.au/xpertvisiongf6600gt256mb128bitddr3-p-1453.html?cPath=268_271
http://www.techbuy.com.au/products/52243/VIDEOCARDS_RADEON_PCI-EXPRESS_SERIES/Abit/RX700LE-GURU-256;_1004038501/Radeon_X700LE-Guru_256MB_DVI_TV-Out_PCI-Ex16_vGuru.asp

Im pretty sure i wanna go with PCI-Express...

but i dont know if i should go ati or nvidia....??

if you, find an antec case with an antec Power supply, thats fine, but if you get a case with a crappy Power supply in it. You will regret it, take my warning you don't know how many times im seen posts on other forums because the power supply that came with case, died, blew up and took some other parts with it.

KMOTE said:
you really are careful with your money! that is one cheap build,-good for you man. why spend thousands on technology which will be out of date in a few months anyway?

says the guy with the uber rig in his sig coming soon.

And btw, it would be easier if you gave a total budget, then we can give u best possible system for ur money.

KMOTE said:
you really are careful with your money! that is one cheap build,-good for you man. why spend thousands on technology which will be out of date in a few months anyway?

What's the point of buying cheap technology that's already out of date? :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom