Windows Paging and Adobe Scratch

Status
Not open for further replies.

hillbillybob

In Runtime
I just installed Adobe Photoshop 7.0. I did this because the computer crashed, and I did a reinstall. of everything. PS was on it before and I never got this message. It says something to the effect:

Your Windows Paging file and Adobe's scratch file are on the same volume. this will decrease performance. Please move the scratch file to a different volume, preferably a different physical volume.

first, I don't have another physical volume, I am on a novell network, but that's mostly used for file sharing. I don't have a second physical volume, is there another fix for this?

thanks for your time

Can you really tell if there is a performance drop if you do it this way? How much ram you got in your pc? If you have enought, you can turn your pagefile off

512 MB RAM.

No, can't tell a performance drop, and no, I don't want to partition. If I could, I just wanted to shut that particulart notification off. Maybe there is another place to adjust settings.I knew it wouldn't be much, just kind of annoying. But please do tell me more on the page file.

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom