harddrive trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.

jebathan

Baseband Member
I just got a brand new western digital 320 GB ultra IDE harddrive and im having some serious trouble with it. When i first tried to format it trough the windows disk management it got to 86% and then locked up. Now if i hook it up to same IDE cable as my first harddrive my computer wont even boot into windows, says that the harddrive couldn't be accessed. Then when i hook it to the other IDE cable it wont even reconize it and it makes a clicking noise whenever it first tries to detect it when i boot it. I'm guessing this is a sign that i have a bad harddrive? Just looking for some reasurance really.

ok thnx i was going to try it out on one of the computers in my computer class today to make sure it happened there too.

i just got my replacement and formated it with the WD tools and it says it's a little bigger than 320 gigs formated when i look at it with the WD tools but windows XP onlys sees 298 gigs of it, does windows not recognize partions bigger than 300 gigs?

the drive is fine. hd manufactures list there sizes different than windows. a 100gb drive looks like a 92gb drive in windows. something to do with factors of 8 versus 10. dont know the math on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom