Computer booting, no video.....HELP!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
RicoDirenzo said:
Next question: exactly how oc'd is that video card? If you pushed the overclocking to the limit you might have a cooked GPU!

Thanks for the replies. The video card is a BFG 6800GT OC that comes overclocked from the package (don't know how much offhand b/c I've misplaced the documentation). It has a lifetime warranty.

Shouldn't the "no beep" when I boot indicate that the BIOS isn't even starting to run? Does that point to a bad MOBO? It should beep even if the video card is bad, right? How can I tell if it's the CPU or not? I know the temps never got out of hand, but I guess a power surge could have done some damage.

thanks for any help!

check your motherboard manual for the beep codes...

and did you,

"is there any way you could try a different video card, or try yours in a different computer?"

if the vid card works in another computer, then... its not the vid card...

//Off topic

Something like that happened my stupid friend *cough* a while ago. Somehow my stupid friend *cough* disabled his video from device manager, dunno what he was doing *cough* and he had no video, but his pc obviously turned on. My stupid friend *sneeze* had to format..

Damn my friend!

//On topic

Check your leads etc inside your computer, make sure everything is connected right, gfx etc.

Xiahou said:
//Off topic

Something like that happened my stupid friend *cough* a while ago. Somehow my stupid friend *cough* disabled his video from device manager, dunno what he was doing *cough* and he had no video, but his pc obviously turned on. My stupid friend *sneeze* had to format..

Damn my friend!

//On topic

Check your leads etc inside your computer, make sure everything is connected right, gfx etc.

Thanks for the help. I don't have time now (work), but this weekend I'm going to take it all apart and reassemble. I also obtained another video card which I can at least try with my MOBO and see if anything happens. I'm also going to check the PSU with a multimeter and see if anything is amiss. Also going to hunt down all the manuals....funny how those things disappear when you move!

Any time you overclock (and there really is NO good reason!) that is a risk you are taking. If you have the money that you can gamble with OC'ing, be prepared to spend $$$$$.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom