On bord sound or sound card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BxSlipSk8718

In Runtime
Ok so yeah my bords got awsome sound it does hardwear rendering and i see some chip on my bord that might be a sound prosseing unit i wanted to know if that is posable and also i heard ur games run better with a sound card because of the hardwear rendering if i was to get 1 wich should i get ?

Yes, I believe the integrated sound on that board is 6 channel, like mine.

Personally, I use my integrated sound, since it works well. I'm not sure that buying a sound card would improve game performance at all.

if you want better gaming performance get a better video card. the video is responsible for most of the rendering of games. if you give a price budget someone can suggest some good video cards for you.

if you want better sound for games it would be better to get some nice speakers. really loud, bass pounding ones with a powered sub. the more air it can move the better :)

Funny.... as I was just thinking about this....

In the fact that AC'97 Series sound is fround on almost every motherboard now days, I find that the only people that get themselves an Creative Labs Sound Blaster any thing are :-

- Sound Blaster PCI 128 :- Mainly used with repair jobs.
Last time i sold one of these was to this little old lady that who wanted to play URU, but URU did not want to reconise her existing sound card.

- Sound Blaster Live! DE.51. SE :- Mainly for those upgrade job. The computer use has an AC'97 (or not no sound card) and they what to have some sort of surround sound experience.

- Sound Blaster Audigy Series :- The people that are semi-serious (on serious on a beginner's level) about sound recording, mixing, play back.

- Yamaha Sound Card :- The people that are serious about sound recording and mixing. Yamaha sound cards are speciallised for various purposes.

Personally, I am just going to stick with my AC'97 6 Channel with my Logitech 6.1 Speakers and focus my cash on a better video card.

I have integrated sound on the PC that I game with (AC'97) and I thought it sounded GREAT!
During a game of Battlefield '42, I could've sworn that I heard monkeys......kind of weird....I was talking to a friend during the game. I said, "Come over to this base.....doesn't that sound like some monkey's yipping or somethin'?" He was like..."Oh yea, they are playing a Doors song at the base." I knew right away that it was the lack of performance with the integrated sound. Went out, bought a better card, and heard the difference right away!

-Mike

yeah, get one of those new sound blasters that fits in the 5.25" bay in the front, those are sweet! and i like klipsch for speaker systems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom