Installing windows pro problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

schulz269

Daemon Poster
OK i found my windows xp pro and i tried installing it on the system i jsut built and well i format the Hd and then it loads the setup files on it also then it restarts then i click on the portion of hte hd which i wanted to install windows on and then in the next screen it says that there was a /window already installed in the computer and it gives me a menu saying l=delete and so on so forth and then i deleted it and then it installed the setup again and then it restart and i jsut keep getting to that part is there something i am missing (this is my first build and haveing some problems) I am open to any ideas.

First i thought it was maybe my Hd wasn't good so i got another one and it still does the same stuff so it aparently isn't the HD that is bad but its jsut not getting past that point. Please help me. Thanks in advance

Well, I'm not seeing how there's a problem. When you delete the partition, it then RETURNS you back to the screen asking where you want to install windows. There should be your hard drive with 99.9% of your partition, and an 8kb partition for some technical formatting info. Select your large partion that is not formatted, and then format it, and windows will install on it. I don't see how there's a problem unless you're not telling us something.

Ryan

i do pick the portion i want it to install on and it says that there are window files on it and that it tells me to delete them and i do and then it installs windows or windows setup and then when the computer restarts it jsut goes to the same spot. like it never gets out of the blue windows setup install screen or it don't even really show that it is installing windows. i tried to take the cd out and then reboot with the hard drive to ass if it was installed or anyhting but it isn't. But the problem is that it well get to the screen where it says that there are windows files on the hd and that i need to delete the fiels so it can use the /window path and then i delete it (after its been formated) and then it installs the setup files or what not and hten it restarts and it keeps goign to that one spot and its liek a never ending cycle.

you're not supposed to boot from CD again ... make sure you dont boot to the CD twice. after it restarts it boots to the harddrive. thats the problem ...

Thanks i well go try that right know and post what happens i hope that it fixes it lol.. been a week and still cna't use my new computer.. tkaign to long but i guess good things take a while.

man ... i cant believe you havent installed windows xp before ...

i dont even use windows and i've installed it AT LEAST 40 times since 2003

well i have installed it but not this way.. i used the recovery disks form my old shitty compaq and this is my first build but i got it up and working now but i need to get the sata working or what not and well need help probably lol. but i got it all fixed and i am running on it now. Thanks for all your guy's help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom