Nvidia 6800 256MB?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

hillal

Baseband Member
am thinking of upgading my graphic card 256mb Nvidia 6800. is is any good. i wanna play games like half-life 2 and battlefield 2.

PLEASE HELP

are you getting AGP, then its good, if your getting pcie16 then get at least a 6800GT or if you dont have the money then a 6600GT

Well, what's your budget? You may want to look into the new ATI video cards, they tend to be faster with the source engine. Also, is this for AGP or PCIe?

thte X1800XT make a nice competition with the 7800GTX even with 16 pipelines.
though right now i think the best way to go right now is with nvidia for a budget card

PatrickK said:
003, none of that ATI crap.

sorry, I <3 nvidia.
I smell a fanboy. I'm not pulling words out of my ass, ATI does better with the games on the source engine and d3d, and nvidia does better with doom 3 (and other opengl games). Just thought I'd mention it.

ATI and Nvidia are about equal when it comes to Direct3D performance. Nvidia though performs 2-3 times better in OpenGL games like Doom 3 and Quake 4. ATI cards can barely even play Doom 3, and I would imagine it ill be the same for Quake 4. Take it from me, I bought an X800Pro when it first came out, and those who regularly visit this forum know from my ranting that it just plain sucks.

Also, Nvidia features Shader Model 3 which is used to enhanced games like Battlefield 2 and is REQUIRED for Call of Duty 2 (otherwise it will run in DX7 forced mode with no shaders). Nvidia all the way....except for maybe the X1800XT, but that card is WAY overpriced right now.

beedubaya said:
Nvidia all the way....except for maybe the X1800XT, but that card is WAY overpriced right now.

I've searched newegg, zipzoomfly, and tigerdirect and i can't find the X1800 XT anywhere. Could you post a link so i can see the price and buy it. ;)

6800 gt looks like a winner for price and quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom