Hows this pc build sound?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wagzz

Baseband Member
Hey guys this is my first post here, hopefully not my last,

but im about to buy a new computer when i get a bit more money together, and ive pretty much picked out everything i need, im buying parts and building it myself...i need everything but the harddrive and monitor, i just recently brought a 160gb harddrive, and theres no need for another monitor...heres wat i have picked out so far

CPU: AMD Athlon64 3200+ Retail - Socket 939 - Venice Core

MOBO: Abit AN8-V, nForce4, S939, DDR400, PCI-Ex, SATA RAID, GigLAN, ATX

VID CARD: Abit Radeon RX600 PRO-HDTV 256MB DDR, DVI, HD-TV, VIVO, PCI-Ex16

CASE: PowerH PC N-02 ATX Midi Tower Case Black 450w PSU with 80mm fan -
Prescott Ready

RAM: GeIL 1024MB PC3200 High Performance DDR RAM

TOTAL COST: $806.85 AUD

im going to use this for gaming, internet, graphic design...but i dont wanna spend heaps on this, that price there is something im happy with, im willing to go at most about $50-80 more than that, please let me know if there should be any changes to make etc...by the way i live in australia, so please note if its US dollar or australian dollar lol

thanks, wagzz

Buy a case without a PSU and buy one separte. get this one.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817103937
Antec Smart Power ATX 2.0 500 Watts

Im sorry I don't know money conversion but if u can get this one for iit. Other good brand names I reccomend for your comp are OCZ, Enermax and Vantec.

Ive enver heard of that Video card, but good ones for gaming, include, depending on AGP or PCI Express and your price rang, 6600Gt, 6800, 9800 Pros, or X800 Series. a simple google search will show brand names and companies that make them.

ok thanks, i'll look at some prices of them, i wanna go PCI-Express, keep coming with the ideas please people :)

:EDIT: just looked at prices....if i bought the psu and case seperatly, it will cost me heaps...and those vid cards are kinda expensive aswell, i dont really wanna spend heaps on this computer, but i want something better than my current one

P3 800mhz
384mb sdram
20gb hd(main)
160gb hd(slave)
8mb onboard vid card

so yeh

comprimise on the video card then. I ended up buying an x700 128mb pcie card because I couldn't quite afford the 6600GT.

Ryan

i think im gonna stay with that vid card, cos its a decent price, cant really justify spending 300+ on the vid card, cos i got other more important things to spend money on lol....

is there anything wrong with mixing a ati card with a mobo with nvidia chipset?would they conflict or anything?or what??

hmm well that RX600 is only $132 aud, which is about $90 usd? so that 6600GT is 299USD, which would mean about $430 AUD :S, and im not spending that much, since im only 16, and dont get paid that much, and im also saving for a car, so i cant really spend 2 much

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom