ASUS a8n sli and x2 3800

Status
Not open for further replies.

gotfrag?

Baseband Member
hi i have a x2 3800 and i will be getting a asus a8n sli regular
now will i be able to boot it up with a bios that might not support dual core so that i can flash it later after windows is installed?

1 core will be recongnized the other one will be just sitting there lol. then you can flash your bios and BOOM two cores all of a sudden...

May I recommend something? ASUS just announced that it will be releasing a new A8N32 SLI Motherboard which will be available sometime in early november. This board has a ton of special goodies and it's going to be the first SLI motherboard to support 32X SLI. Current SLI motherboards only allow a user to get 8x bandwidth from each PCIexpress 16x slot. Now users will be able to take full advantage of 32x bandwidth of both 16x slots. ASUS has claimed that an SLI system with this motherboard will give users an 10 to 15 % more efficient use of 2 video cards. This will also increase performance and well as benchmarks. CHeck out the board.
http://www.amdzone.com/modules.php?...=article&sid=3840&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0
A8N32-SLI-2D-L_small.jpg

Sprooty said:
can u flash your bios using a CD instead of a floppy?

You don't need either. ASUS has a good utility called ASUS EZFlash. This utility allows you to make a backup or backups of your current BIOS version. Then search ASUSTEK for newer versions, the if there are newer versions it downloads them, installs them and restarts your PC.
You will be FLASHED!!!

HAVOC2k5 said:
You don't need either. ASUS has a good utility called ASUS EZFlash. This utility allows you to make a backup or backups of your current BIOS version. Then search ASUSTEK for newer versions, the if there are newer versions it downloads them, installs them and restarts your PC.
You will be FLASHED!!!

just like MSI and there liveupdates...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom