AMD ™ Dual Core X 2 Processor 3800 or AMD 64 4000+

Status
Not open for further replies.
it's completely opinion. Do you think you need dual core? I would go with the single core 4000+, but that's me. Some people would swear upon their graves that the dual core is in the near, near future. Single core is doing the job and definately will for a while.

Ryan

Right now the single core processors usually outperform Dual core ones since most games are single threaded. But in a little while, that will all change.

If you're one of those people that upgrades constantly, I would recommend the Single core one for gaming

The 4000+ will own the 3800+ in games...for now.

As new games come out, some of them will utilize the Dual Cores which will give you much better performance than a single core could.

the single core 4000 preforms better than the 3800 x2 in games, but then again, who cares about a few fps ;)

You have the advantage over the singles in other stuff aswell, im guessing the double core will be 'the future'.

are we sure they will utlizie dual core? well i say go with the 3800+

as always you can OC a dual core processor to single core speeds, but you cant OC a single core processor to dual core speeds

PZEROFGH said:
are we sure they will utlizie dual core?

We are.

Multiple cores seems to be the road CPUs are taking nowadays. Unless software companies want to fall behind, they will begin to make games/programs benefit from these extra cores.

PZEROFGH said:
As always you can OC a dual core processor to single core speeds, but you cant OC a single core processor to dual core speeds.

I love that quote :classic:.

I say the x2 3800+. If overclocked to 2.4 ghz, it will perform the same as a 4800+ and it is not uncommon for people to get 2.7 on good air or water-cooling. Also, having two cores will help keep from annoying backround programs that plague windows from distrupting your gaming. Plus new games that are cpu demanding in the future will be using multi threads, and the games that don't will still play very nicely on the 3800+. Some people say that multi threaded games are years off, well Oblivion(god I want that game!!!!) is supposed to be multi threaded and is stated by the programmers to benefit from dual core, the new unreal engine games are going to be multi threaded and well F.E.A.R. I read is supposed to be multithreaded. Not that multithreaded games won't run on single threaded processers since I think it will either merge into one thread automatically or just have the option to make into multi threaded gameplay.....Don't really know. But yes, get the x2 3800+. Just checking, are my facts right? Or do I need to straighten them out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom