Building a Dream : Documented?

Status
Not open for further replies.
DJ-CHRIS said:
I would change two things.

#1: I think Nvidia will still be better overall this round.

#2: No single core game will take full advantage of your FX-57. However FEAR is dual core compatable and is released in 8 days.

I'm still unsure about NVIDIA vs. ATI, but i've already decided on the CPU. I've already bought it. So it's going to be FX-57. As far as dual core goes... I doubt any game will be better with dual core then with an FX-57... So i'm going single core.

Sport1031 said:
What kind of speakers you gonna use in your killer rig with that X-Fi. 7.1 perhaps?

I have X-fi Fatal1ty FPS and Logitech z-5500 5.1 speakers.

PZEROFGH said:
hey im buying the z-5500 speakers too, wonder what they sound like.

newegg.com has them for $250.00 right now. With about $20 S&H
That's probably the best price they will ever be at. Buy them if you can. YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT.

Yea it would be nice to sse the whole build process documented.
It would be nice to see how other people go about building their PCs.

HAVOC2k5 said:
newegg.com has them for $250.00 right now. With about $20 S&H
That's probably the best price they will ever be at. Buy them if you can. YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT.

Have you tried the 5300 by any chance?. How do they compare with each other from a sound quality perspective.

Chankama said:
Have you tried the 5300 by any chance?. How do they compare with each other from a sound quality perspective.

I haven't tried the 5300's. I'm sure there are several differences between the 53's & 55's... But, the 53's are probably really good as well.

The 5500's & X-fi soundcard combination is one hell of an audio powerhouse. Consider this....

I've got a 51" Rear Projection HDTV. My videocard is connected (VIA) "S-CABLE" to the TV. I put on "Saving Private Ryan" for the first time when I got my x-fi and z5500's setup. Cranked the volume up to more then half way... Put on the opening scene when they storm the beaches... If you know the scene, then you could only imagine the experience...

HOME THEATER? LOL I'd say so. My friends actually have called me and said, "Hey, my wife and I are blockbuster, would you mind if we rented a movie, came over and watched it at your house?"

I normally say yes and charge a small admission price... LOL

DJ-CHRIS said:
Sapphire makes ALL ati branded cards currently.

i know that, im just saying they dont make that "good" of a GFX card, unlike eVGA, i really got to get my hands on an eVGA card.

PZEROFGH said:
i know that, im just saying they dont make that "good" of a GFX card, unlike eVGA, i really got to get my hands on an eVGA card.

Have you ever had a sapphire card? If not then don't make statements like they don't make good ones. I have a Sapphire Radeon X800XT PE and it's a damn good card. It's served me well and is very nice at OCin' too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom