Problem with IE 6...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Divine

Beta member
I installed some program that left their homepage link on my right click menu of my IE 6, so now each time I right click, it's title is there, in capped letters. :(

I tried to uninstall and reinstall, didn't work, I tried spybot/adaware, and immunizing it, didn't work. Then I tried to uninstall the program, didn't work. I also tried to use Context editors to get rid of it, one that have .ru (pretty sure thats the extension to right click menu in IE 6), but failed finding one.

Would the one http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,4149,1164643,00.asp work (can't find the free version) or is there any other way I might be able to get rid of it? Thanks!

Thanks, but didn't work, I deleted everything except for winzip and winrar in hte context root, and the programs ad is still there...

Woohoo it's gone! :) Thanks a lot for the help.

I'm using windows 2000, so that exact path wasn't in my registry, but I followed a smiliar path and found it. Also, turns out if you search for the word in the ad, the search feature in the registry will find it.

I have another strange IE6 problem. I just reinstalled my Win xp pro. Everything works fine, but when I try to browse with my IE6, some webpages can not be loaded. For instance, my yahoo page will only load half, the bottom half from search box down does not load. And some other websites such as msn.com have the same problem as well.

I tried to uninstall IE6 and reinstall it from my WinXP cd, but it still the same.

Anyone has any suggestion, ideas? Thanks

N.S. on this forum, I can read most of the posts, but some posts would just appear blank. This is really weird.

IE6

I had a problem with a webcam site that didn't load. I went to java.com and downloaded java . It fixed the problem. I assumed it was loaded with the install but I guess not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom