CRT Monitor for gamers

Status
Not open for further replies.

techgamer24

Beta member
Hello people,

This is my first post here and I thought I would ask a few questions about CRT monitors. I have been researching them for the past few weeks and I have come down to 2 that I like. I want a 19" CRT monitor that is great for gaming and has a TRUE, and I mean TRUE flat screen, not the kind where the manufacturer puts on a flat piece of glass on a curved tube like so many wanna be flat screen CRT's. I hate when manufacturers advertise a true flat screen when all they do is put a flat piece of glass over a curved tube. Does anyone have any suggestions on what type of monitor I am actually trying to describe? I want a monitor that has a dot pitch of .21 mm or less and has a truly flat screen. I need crisp sharpness people! =-) Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

This is one:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16824116282

Here is another:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16824001068

I know the 2 monitors that I linked from above are not truly flat but this is the best I could come up with for the price...

Best regards,

Techgamer24

Try to find a refurb... They are super cheap and MOST are in perfect condition b/c of LCD upgrades. People don't know what to do with their older CRT's so they just take a low price from a computer store to get rid of them.

I used to have the Samsung you listed before I upgraded to an LCD. That Samsung was excellent for gaming, and I highly recommend it if gaming is the primary concern for your PC. Just be sure to run it at 100 Hz refresh rate or more for the best picture.

One thing I miss about that CRT is to be able to do 1024x768 and still have a sharp, crisp picture. With an LCD, you are kinda stuck to the native resolution and with a sucky graphics card, you can't always turn up the resolution.

Thanks for the replies. But, my question remains, which CRT manufacturer has a CRT that is Truely flat? I appreciate your replies guys, and I will more then likey buy that Samsung I listed in my last post. I just thought I would ask if anyone knew of a truely flat CRT...

Best regards,

Techgamer24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom