Computer booting, no video.....HELP!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bearcat14

Solid State Member
I built my computer over a year ago with no problems so far. But today, on a restart, I now have absolutely no video coming into the monitor. I tested the monitor on another computer and it works fine. The computer seems to be powering on fine (all fans spinning, all indicators fine, HDD spinning), but the monitor will not wake up from sleep mode. When I unplug the monitor from the computer, I get a color test analog input box in the monitor (it wakes up), but when I plug it back in, it seems to go to sleep. It even says "Energy save mode" on the monitor when plugged into the computer.

For all I know, the computer is booting but there is nothing going to the video. I have no way of checking that, b/c there is no way I can see of connecting the monitor to the MOBO and bypassing the video card. I have already reset the CMOS, unplugged everything from the MOBO and reconnected. I am out of ideas. Does anyone have any clue as to what I can do??? Any help is greatly appreciated. Here are my specs:

ASUS K8N-E delux MOBO
Athlon 3400+
OCZ platinum ram (1 GB)
Geforce 6800GT OC video card
74GB SATA Raptor HDD
Dell flatscreen monitor

I think its probably its your power supply. I'm not really sure about this, its good to give it a try.

nuke said:
I think its probably its your power supply. I'm not really sure about this, its good to give it a try.

Really? What makes you think that? I was thinking the MOBO or the video card since all the components are getting power. I'm using an Antec trueblue 400W, less than 1 year old. Not sure how in the world I can test that either (I'm in Colombia so parts are not real available). Thanks for the reply.

Sprooty said:
I would say you GPU has fried, dose the computer still beep when u turn it on?

You mean the CPU or PSU? No, the computer doesn't beep when I turn it on. Would a fried CPU mean the PSU is also bad?

GPU = graphics processing unit

it might be fried...

is there any way you could try a different video card, or try yours in a different computer?

Next question: exactly how oc'd is that video card? If you pushed the overclocking to the limit you might have a cooked GPU!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom