Socket 754 Build . . . Any good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I chose the socket 939 3000+ also. Now socket 754 and socket 939 are very comparable, except the number of pins, and mostly dual channel memory features. BUT, socket 754 bit the dust here this past august if I remember right. I'm still saying, I don't care what the current budget is. If I were him, without a slight doubt in my mind, I would SAVE MY MONEY until he can afford a socket 939 setup. That way he won't have wasted the socket 754 money when he needs to upgrade again.

Ryan

edit: I'm not sure if there's a 3700+ s939. I think there is, but not sure. I KNOW there's a s754 3700+.

Re: Re:

Alvin.C said:
Hello,

Thank you for your replies. I agree, 939 holds more of a future, but my bro is acting very strict on his budget.

He is gonna go for the 754. He just wants a system that gives reliable performance. It's better than socket A, and although it's outdated by 939, has some decent features.

i've been running my s754 for over a year now.
still runs the new games, still loads my appz very fast, multi-tasks fairly well and shit, it's only a 2800+

i didn't need the top gamer rigg cause...i can still play all the new games at a great rez/fps without having to spend that extra 200 dollars on stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom