A case idea

Status
Not open for further replies.
i wouldnt use the cig lighter but i would use the cup holder. I want to keep this case cost to a minimum because i dont have much money after my 6600gt.

yea, it was kinda a joke, but dude that would be awsome lol cup holder inside the case..... i think it takes 2 drive bays though....

Well, if we're still considering the wooden case, I've been looking into it to. You see, the wood will keep heat in a little easier than metal. Make sure to use a lot of polyurethane to keep static down too. Make the surface of the thing SLICK. Then you need to wax the crap out of it after you use your poly. When dried, the polyurethane tends to be polar, and attract dust. The wax should fix that.

I'd recommend Red Oak for your wood of choice. It's strong as can be, very solid to work with. White Oak is WAY too heavy.

As for the routers... You guys either need to clamp your wood to the bench better or get your routers balanced or buy new ones, or something... That's sad. I've NEVER had a router kick in my years of woodworking.

Ryan

Well, if we're still considering the wooden case, I've been looking into it to. You see, the wood will keep heat in a little easier than metal.

Well its a P3 Coppermine with a thermal rating of 35 watts so i dont think heat will be much of a problem. If so, i can always put in a vent or two and put in some fans.

Make sure to use a lot of polyurethane to keep static down too. Make the surface of the thing SLICK. Then you need to wax the crap out of it after you use your poly. When dried, the polyurethane tends to be polar, and attract dust. The wax should fix that.

Would static really be a problem? Also, what about the grounding for the PSU?

I'd recommend Red Oak for your wood of choice. It's strong as can be, very solid to work with. White Oak is WAY too heavy.

Chances are, i wont be able to get exotic woods. Im using school supplies and i dont have enough money to buy my own wood.

As for the routers... You guys either need to clamp your wood to the bench better or get your routers balanced or buy new ones, or something...

When my hand router kicked, it wasnt the wood that kicked (it was clamped to the desk) it was the machine. And it was when i was using it for the first time two years ago.

That's sad. I've NEVER had a router kick in my years of woodworking.

How old are you? How many years have you been working in wood?

waynejkruse10 said:
lol, yeah

harper, who is the guy in your avatar?
Dr. Strangelove from the movie Dr. Strangelove.

I will prolly be putting my old Harper from Andromeda Avatar back on shortly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom