Cooling recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.
you alredy have a case fan there? why dont you just see if its working, and try to clear the dust and what not off of it. or you can buy a vantec tornado with 120CFM!! :eek:

Dust wont be an issue because I've only had this thing for about 2 weeks. I think I'll just have to buy a better case fan.

Update: Today, I bought an Antec Smartcool 80mm case fan to replace the stock one, and an Antec Cyclone Blower to occupy an empty PCI slot below my video card. My overall system temperature is now down to a stable 29-30 degrees celcius. I'm currently running Prime95 to stress my CPU, and it seems to have leveled out at 60 degrees celcius with 100% CPU usage. This is certainly an improvement as I was hitting 65 degrees celcius before with less than 100% usage. I'm still in the market for a HSF, but it'll have to wait until I get my next paycheck. In the mean time, I at least don't have to worry about frying my CPU and having to replace it. Now for an urgent question. With my PSU, case fan, and Cyclone Blower all blowing exhaust, my case has a good deal of negative pressure. So much that there is a very audible whining sound coming from the side panel. The side panel has openings in it to allow air to enter the case. Should I pry these open just a little further to allow more air to enter the case and stop the boeing 747 sound, or will this negatively impact my cooling? Forgot to mention: At idle, my CPU is now averaging 39-42 degrees celcius. Feedback is appreciated.

Edit: I've also noticed that my CPU fan is blowing away from the CPU rather than towards it. I'm going to try it the other way and see what happens. I'll be back with the results.

Edit 2: It turns out I'm completely retarded and the fan was actually pointed toward the CPU to begin with. Results not improved. Will put it back correctly now.

Well that's a sweet little design. Only problem is I couldn't find any ordering information on that site. Before I buy anything else, I'm going to get a good copper HS with fan, some thermal paste remover, and a tube of AS5 and see where I stand after that. If I need any additional cooling, I'll buy one of these Badongs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom