Post Althon 64 3000+ OC's

Status
Not open for further replies.
So do u think that I should be safe running it at almost 1.7v if my load temps never go above 40 C?

That would be impossible, I'll bet your load temps are in the high 40s, low 50s. As far as it stays under 55*C at load, its fine.

stop changing your sig lol. Happy Birthday, My happy birthday, my 16th happy birthday

he said his load temps are 40C and below, but its on water. but i still dont believe that

Well my load temp now, I am running prime95 is at 39 C. I am cooling it with water so that makes a big difference.

Oh and sry to kinda highjack ur thread FghtinIrshNvrDi.

If you want a massive collection of overclocking results to compare then look here

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=59405

I should point out don't expect anything anywhere near what some of the guys posted on the first few pages...as those are the early early Venices that were hitting 3+ghz on air at <1.4vcore

man I'm still blown away by what the hype and results that were around the venice back in april

what are the reasons the early ones outperform? I don't quite understand WHY that crap happens.
I honestly can't tell you the reason why, however since this trend also occured in the Winchester core

I suspect that rather than risk producing fewer, more accurate cores...AMD "overshoots" their target at early production stages which basically means they produce a 3000+ in the same fashion as they normally would a 3500+ and then underclock it...that way they have higher yields and have fewer underperforming cores...and the 3500+ may be produced as if it were a 3800+ etc.

Basically what I'm saying is a 3000+ in April may have infact been an underclocked 3500+...and over time AMD is able to produce more consistant yields by perfecting their production process and thus doesn't have to overshoot anymore

so are they tricking you? everyone was like WOW these things can OC but by the time they buy one, AMD starts to make "real" 3000+?

this is how amd makes money lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom