(1) Parallel,(2) USB,(1) PS/2 (1) Parallel (1) Ethernet (2) Serial

Here are my basic upgrades:

256Mb ---> 384MB (PC133) RAM
120Gb Maxtor HDD
52X CDRW
Windows XP
Labtec Wireless Keyboard and mouse

Now here are my problems:
What kind of graphics card can this computer handle?
I need a S-Video output. but that is basically it.

Can it handle a TV-tuner card?
I just need a RCA input. Can this computer handle this without freezing too much?

Is there any kind of processor upgrade?
I do not know the motherboard number because i haven't been able to find specs on it. Does anyone know and if you do, is it poossible to go to a faster Celeron on PIII?

Thank you
Alan

P.S. This is my carputer. Computer for inside of a automobile so i am utizling a small car screen or a small flat panel VGA monitor

Hmm, are you going to use it for gaming? If so, no offense, but dumb move buying it for gaming...(its old lol)

I don't see why you couldn't upgrade the processor, and if I were you, I'd try to go 512RAM, for you'll see a better performance with 2 even matched sticks.

As you can see, this reply is mainly for a bump. :)

lol who games in their car? whats the psu on that thing that probably is the most important thing.

I usually research all of these things BEFORE I buy,but whatever.

You can get the MB specs at the Dell web site .(www.dell.com) . Just put in your aservice tag and there you go. If you're going XP you really should have 512 RAM, and I believe that machine only has two slots. If you get 128 now, you'll have to throw it away late to get more RAM in there.

Power supply is proprietary. Output on those models is 250w or less. That will limit how much "stuff" you can add.

It does have an AGP slot, although many Dells do not.

Additional CDRW will require special set of rails to mount. (They are gree) Some used units still have them stored inside the case. Otherwise - ?

I would have no hopes of a processor upgrade until you check the Dell site.

Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom