Rate system plz - Last time I swear LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
unless you guys think it would be better to get 2gigs of cheaper stuff.

one gig of G.Skill TCCD's vs. 2gig of value ram.....

I guess I could always add more ram later but it has to be identical ram doesn't it? G.Skill will soon be impossible to find.....

May I suggest getting the x2 3800+ instead of the 4400+? It would be much cheaper, and with some easy overclocking can pass 4800+ in speed and performance. I have seen quite a few cases of getting 2.7 ghz(2.4 will reach that of the 4800, and will perform almost exactly the same too). That way you can save money up for a 7800gtx or x1800xt.
Also the Seasonic 600w is supposed to be very good according to tests that were done in tomshardware, and a lot of people around the web are suggesting them. However, a few people in the newegg reviews have had cases where: the 12v rail was really 6v, the psu died after 6 hours of use, and defective fans. Bad batch maybe?

well I kind of want the 1MB L2 cache because I will only have 1GB of ram.....not to sure of the relation between the two really. The 7800gt I'm getting should be pretty good because it comes OCed to 470/1100.

for the psu I've never heard of seasonic......I'll check them out though.

Ok let me ask these two questions,

how many watts to overclock my system?

what is the advantage of dual 12V?

PZEROFGH said:
why dont you get the 4400+ toledo, which has 1MB*2 L2 cache..
thats what I'm getting, when I said 1MB in the other post I meant each core has 1MB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom