Will Battlefield 2 work on these specs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crap, only 2 slots. Well, you have 3 choices;

1.) If you just want to run with 1GB, then get a stick of the Kingston ValueRAM I linked you to earlier.

2.) You need 2GB of RAM to play BF2 lag-free so you can get 2 sticks of 1GB RAM since you only have 2 slots. 2 x 1GB Corsair ValueSelect will do nicely.

3.) To make your life simpler, get a set of 2 x 1GB Corsair ValueSelect.

Flanker said:
You need 2GB of RAM to play BF2 lag-free[/URL]
That depends on the rest of the computer though. A rig with 1gig of ram, an FX-57 and a 7800GTX isn't going to lag on BF2 lol.

Flanker said:
That system will run BF2, but it will be at minimum specs and MAYBE slow.

The processor is fine, but you need 1GB of RAM to run BF2 smoothly AT MINIMUM. 2GB of ram will run it perfect.

Video card could also use an upgrade. How much can you spend, because it will cost you $300-roundbouts to make a BF2-perfect PC with 2GB RAM and a 6600GT.

Before BF2 came out, 1GB was considered perfect for gaming, but as soon as it came out, people found out that they had to bump it up to 2GB.

So overall, that PC will run BF2, but thats all its going to be doing, running BF2, and it won't be very good.

Haha lol I find that hard to believe, BF2 Should be able to run on medium settings with those parts.
I can run bf2 quite easily on a athlon xp 2500+ 512kb, 1gb ram pc3200 Kingston, fx 5200 128mb gfx card!!!
Although all the settings are on low, the game still runs lag free, so at least with the X700 and the 64 bit cpu it should run on medium quite easily

you need to decide by playing the game on your current system if its worth it to spend a few hundered bucks on making it work better. If so then ram, gpu

i play bf2 on med/high specs w/ 2x AA and 4x AF at 1280x1024 and dont get under 20 fps even under the most strenuous moments in the game, i usually have 35-40fps

-AMD athlon xp 2600+ (oc to 2800+)

-768mb pc 2100 ram

-eVGA Geforce 6800 128mb (AGP 8x)

-80 gig 7200rpm HD

Syphanx said:
Haha lol I find that hard to believe, BF2 Should be able to run on medium settings with those parts.
I can run bf2 quite easily on a athlon xp 2500+ 512kb, 1gb ram pc3200 Kingston, fx 5200 128mb gfx card!!!
Although all the settings are on low, the game still runs lag free, so at least with the X700 and the 64 bit cpu it should run on medium quite easily

Right, and I can play BF2 with an old HP comprised of a Pentium 3 1.0Ghz, with 383MB RAM, and a GeForce FX5200. Like yourself, I can run at minimum reqs without TOO much lag.

So many systems CAN run BF2, but few of them will run it well.

Jackal, I said that HE would need 2GB, not just anyone.

hey i can run my old system, a P4 1.8 512MB of ram and 9800pro just a pro no OC. without lag. whose birthday is it today? HAPPY BIRTHDAY :classic:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom