Water Cooling sets

Status
Not open for further replies.

PZEROFGH

Golden Master
i'm looking for a nice cheap water cooling set. thats around 300 dollars or less. it doesnt have to be the best. and i really dont care about noise, nothign can be louder then my 7 case fans and my 6k rpm cpu heatsink. i can either buy it all separte, but i would like to buy it in a set. sense it would be easier. this is for my stuff in my sig. i just want something so i can cool it down some more. and OC my video card a little bit more.

Read the WC sticky and build it yourself. For $300 you can build a nice WC setup that will perform much better than any kit.

but i read it, and its just so confusing. all the tubing and water seals and water leaks. and blocks and screws and its all confusing me AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

Maze 4 Athlon64 & Opteron 754/939/940, , MAZE4 Standard, , Radeon 9700/9800, , Black Ice Micro - Black 80mm, PrimoFlex - Clear 10 Feet (Free), Ehiem 1250, No Thanks, 10 - Black, Danger Den Round Acrylic, Danger Den Black Aluminum Fillport, No Thanks, 8 oz Water Wetter, No Thanks, No Thanks, No Thanks

Maze 4 for the cpu
maze4 standard for the chipset
radeon 9800 gpu block
black ice micro is the radiator
ehiem 1250
Danger Den Round Acrylic,
Danger Den Black Aluminum Fillport
and an 8oz bottle of water wetter

comes down to 319 dollars.http://www.voyeurmods.com/index.php?action=item&id=1498

whats a pump relay?

http://www.crazypc.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=9370

i might be going with this set. sense the guy in the watercooling forums said he liked this one. and i will buy a VGA cooler as well. only 260 dollars thats a deal i tell you. or i might go with this one

STORM Extreme Universal Block, No Thanks, No Thanks, No Thanks, No Thanks, No Thanks, No Thanks, Maze 4 GPU Brass Version - ATI/Nvidia 6600 and backwards, No Thanks, No Thanks, ThermoChill HE 120.3 , PrimoFlex - Clear 10 Feet (Free), Switftech MCP655 12 VDC Pump, No Thanks, 10 - Natural White, Typhoon Single 5 1/4 Bay - Clear, Danger Den Black Aluminum Fillport, No Thanks, 8 oz Water Wette

is voyeurmods a good place to buy from?

I'd recommend my rig, except with the new Swiftech Storm CPU block instead of the TDX. If you can't afford it, the TDX is always a good choice.

I agree with idiotec though. $300 is a good budget to build a good rig. I wouldn't bother with some of these pre-built kits. Might as well get the best of everything.

As for venders, voyeurmods is reliable. You could also check out dangerdenstore.com, cooltechnica.com, xoxide.com.

By the way, you should know that a pre-built kit over a custom-built kit will not avoid the work that goes into building and maintaining a water cooling system. Even with those pre-built kits, you have to leak test for 24-hours, mount the heatercore in your case (meaning you have to drill mounting points and bolt them on), take apart the heatsink/fan to slap on your waterblock. It's actually very easy to be honest, but it does take a good load of work. It took my cousin and I a solid day (+2 hours to paint my heatercore and let it dry) from 10am to 11pm working nonstop with a few trips to Home Depot. Point is, pre-built kits won't avoid the work that goes into building it and maintaining it. All it does is simplify the purchase process.

would a MAZE4 Acetal version ATI/NVIDA 6600 and backwards be compatible with a 9800pro?

whats the difference between the Acetal version and the Brass version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom