TV tuner cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

renny2077

Baseband Member
Hi

I'm planning on getting a TV tuner card for my PC. I hear that you can get it either as internal or external card. Which is the better option?

Thanks

From my past experiences, an external TV-tuner is a much better choice. The current one I have (which I highly recommend) is ViewSonic's VB50, which I purchased from www.newegg.com

The reason why external ones, I find, are much more convenient, is that you can use them when your PC is turned off. As well as most of the external ones come with a remote control, allowing for much more functionality. Currently I have a Gamecube, NES, computer/monitor, and my surround system plugged into it, and everything works like a dream. Also, you arn't always having to fiddle with cables behind your PC tower, and it's much more transportable; not being an actual part of your computer. And if you were to sell your computer, you could easily keep it for your next one, and so on.

go external...period. i bought some cheap internal tv tuner card for $40 two years ago and i don't use it because it can only display tv up to 640x480 resolution AND CAN ONLY RECORD UP TO 352X240 RESOLUTION!!!!!! it's obviously worthless. go for external. it's a lot easier to hook up too...it was such a pain getting that RF cable screwed in....

bobafett573 said:
go external...period. i bought some cheap internal tv tuner card for $40 two years ago and i don't use it because it can only display tv up to 640x480 resolution AND CAN ONLY RECORD UP TO 352X240 RESOLUTION!!!!!! it's obviously worthless. go for external. it's a lot easier to hook up too...it was such a pain getting that RF cable screwed in....

my internal one is a lot better than that one and it cost me $30

records in all kinds of formats mp2,3,4 dvd avi, etc...

but the top display is only 768x512, (recording to)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom