2 Question(s)

Status
Not open for further replies.
you have to make sure youre computer is set to boot from cdrom first,

Youll need to go into the BIOS, when the screen comes on start pressing delete, keep pressing until the bios comes up, or untill you see it booting into windows, if it doesnt bring up the bios, reboot again and try it with F1, F2, and F8. One of those will bring you to the BIOS

once in there you need to look for the Boot Sequence, and you need to change CDROM to first boot device, then sve it and exit

this time it will do it, but YOU HAVE TO KEEP YOUR EYES ON THE BOTTOM OF THE SCREEN! It will only say it for about 3 seconds and then boot into windows. AS SOON as you see it telling you to press a key, hit something. Then youll be in the right place.

The only thing that worked was F8 and it took me to a screen that said Safe mode, Safe mode with Networking, Safe with command prompt(took me into dos I think), boot logging, reboot, select OS

you did it too late then, you need to start tappin those keys right when your monitor comes back on, around when it does the memory count, best way is to start tapping the moment you hit the power button.

It said press F1 for congi/setup and F12 for Boot Networking, with F1 pressed the only thing I could find that had anything to do with BIOS was an option to pic IRQ9, IRQ10, and IRQ11. IRQ9 was thw default selected.

your in the right place, what you need to find is "BOOT SEQUENCE"

its in there, trust me, once you find that, just make sure that cdrom is the first boot device, then save and reboot

Ok I figured out how to reboot with CD. I did that and then an option came up for Windows XP, it said press R to repair. i did that and then it took me into DOS. I know even less about DOS then anything. It said pick which option there wasn't anything on the screen. I tried repair and nothing, then I tried pressing 1(for option 1 by chance) and then it asked for the administrator's password, I did that and then it just said <C:\WINDOWS> What command do I type in or do I do something else? I tried REPAIR, nothing, I tried R nothing, and I did HELP and a list of commands came up but nothing that said repair or anything close to it.

Oh yea, I forgot to warn you. :rolleyes:

You dont wanna choose the repair console option

if you chose: setup windows XP, or whatever then select your existing windows installation, at the bottom of the screen it should say hit R for repair.

Im here till midnight, so ill be waiting! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom