SP2 download?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bokuwakakera

Baseband Member
I have a sub-56k modem, and was woundering, is there anyway to download Servis pack 2, through IE, or is there a way I can get it on disk, and sent to me, because the automatic updates take a very long time. Its been at 0% for three days now.

i have it on disk. if you want it, PM me with shipping details and i'll send it to you!

I ordered one free from Microsoft. But I looks like thats been stopped. You'll has to obtain a disk from a friend maybe.

You can download it from these two locations I found:

here
or
here.

Though it will take 10 hours on 56k. As for getting it on cd, Microsoft no longer has it availble. You might be able to find it at Best Buy or a local tech store for free. At initial launch Microsoft shipped tons of free cds. Otherwise getting it from kostos is the next best thing. Or I have it as well if I might happen to live closer.

I had better luck downloading it from windows update because it didn't cancel the download everytime the internet disconnected.

You could try downloading it overnight. Use a download manager though in case your connection is lost. That's how I used to download linux ISO's, back when I had a 56k connection.

Take it from a guy who tried: Don't bother trying to download SP2 using dialup.
I also got a free cd from windows, but honestly, what I found, is that unless you have serious security issues, don't waste your time getting it.
In what country do you live? Perhaps I can organise you a copy of the disk.

I want to get it, just because I want to use Windows movie maker 2.1, and in the requrements, it says you need SP2.

Oh, and my aunt has higher speed internet then I do, so I think I could just go over there and download it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom