AAC -->mp3

Status
Not open for further replies.

bsnyder100

In Runtime
I am sure the question has been asked a million times..... And I have searched through the forums.... but, is there any known program that will convert my itunes AAC music to MP3 or other formats? Thanks.

Why one earth would you want to do that. AAC is the building block for M4A.

M4A = Mpeg Audio Layer 4
MP3 = Mpeg Audio Layer 3

It's foolish to take an already compressed file and compress it again but it's even more foolish to take a compressed file and compress it with an outdated compression method.

Tyler1989 said:
Why one earth would you want to do that. AAC is the building block for M4A.

M4A = Mpeg Audio Layer 4
MP3 = Mpeg Audio Layer 3

It's foolish to take an already compressed file and compress it again but it's even more foolish to take a compressed file and compress it with an outdated compression method.

but I cant play any M4A files in my cars MP3 deck.

Itunes=the devil.

iopener will convert protected itune file to regular AAC files.

the best way to convert AAC to mp3 is to covert them to wave first, then rip back to mp3. you will keep more music this way than just compressing an already compress format to another kind and it throw away less data like this

AAC is slowly phrasing mp3 out. I suspect next years car cd players (there are a couple out now) will start to play AAC (mp4, m4a, atrac) files.

My alpine deck can recognized my AAC file from my ipod. I have a KAC-420I interface that make my Ipod a 40 gig cd changer.

I have began a slow process of replacing my mp3 files (8200) on my computer with AAC ones. I had ripped over a 500-1000 cds to mp3(I was an audio lover way before I got into computers) previously. it will probably take me 2-3 months to finish.

Eric I dont want to still this thread so I will send you a PM regarding car audio and this file type and compatibility..thanks.

Win2kpatcher said:
Eric I dont want to still this thread so I will send you a PM regarding car audio and this file type and compatibility..thanks.

ok

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom