Help Me, I need a new Computer, and I know little to nothing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kutulu

Baseband Member
Someone suggested I ask on these forums for help. I need a computer, that is high end(kind of), not top top of the line, and I need it for a budget. I have only about 1000-1300 to spend.

Now the reason I am asking you guys, is I have a little computer knowledge, but not enough to keep myself from buying stuff and not having a powerful enough Power Supply, or getting a processor that doesn't fit with the motherboard and whatnot.

I would probably be ordering all the different parts from mwave.com so if you have any suggestions of stuff listed there, that would be helpful.

Here is what I would like, and then you guys can help me or suggest from there.

At least a gig of RAM. I don't know whether I should get DDR or DDR2 or what?

A AMD processor, like an Athlon 64, but should I get a 64x2 or what? This is all very confusing for me.

I don't need a huge Harddrive, because I already have a 300 gig in my current computer. But I know it is hard to find one less then 80 nowadays. Also, I have heard to stay away from Seagates.

I would like a Radeon videocard, preferably one of the higher up ones, but if you guys know something I don't suggest another brand.

That is about all I can think of now, come on, I am in DIRE need!

Heh, I forgot to mention that. Anyways, mainly for gaming, sound recording, and some image manipulation.

I want it to at least play Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War.(I bought it and I think my current computer soiled itself trying to install it)

Ok, let me help.

You can go with something like a Dual Core (X2) 4400+
DFI Ultra-D
1GB of OCZ PC3200 Gold
OCZ Modstream 520W PSU
x850XT PE
Seagate 200GB Sata Hard Drive
Audigy 2ZS for gaming.
I could link you to these items if you wish and give you a rough estimate

majistic said:
Ok, let me help.

You can go with something like a Dual Core (X2) 4400+
DFI Ultra-D
1GB of OCZ PC3200 Gold
OCZ Modstream 520W PSU
x850XT PE
Seagate 200GB Sata Hard Drive
Audigy 2ZS for gaming.
I could link you to these items if you wish and give you a rough estimate
If you could link me and give me and estimate that would be helpful. But I don't want to put you out.

Dark_Sniper* said:
So which out of the two lineups suggested has the best stuff?

And I need a 450 watt power supply?
damn, I had my heart set on this one
link

dont use the one that comes with the case they are poorly made and if u are going with the setup sniper set just get the case and spend the extra 60-100 on a new psu.

matt2m said:
dont use the one that comes with the case they are poorly made and if u are going with the setup sniper set just get the case and spend the extra 60-100 on a new psu.

Is it hard to change out Power Supplys?

And what parts do I have to worry about switching out that is going to deal directly with the powersupply? Like if I decided to use a mixmatch between the two set ups suggested, what parts may have to have a different PSU?

Also, on the same topic, does RAM have anything to do with the PSU? Like if I wanted to put an extra gig in at some point.

Sorry, I am really new to this kind of stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom