Windows Vista Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
i dont think the people at microsoft will like people on the dev team releasing vista on file sharing networks.

mikee said:
Basically the only things I see new in this build is the new windows media player and ie looks a little bit better.
I find myself repeating this every two threads or so. You cannot judge a product by "pretty pictures".

Tankhead02 said:
Will I like it better than WIndows XP? IS it the same? Compatitble software?
Hm only you would know if you like it more than XP.... But yes it's newer and better and more secure. Software will be compatible with everything XP is including 64 and 32 bit if you have a 64 bit PC. Hardware compatibility is a whole other game where drivers must be signed by microsoft.

I looked for the screenshots for IE7, it looks the same as mozilla firefox
anyway is IE7 beta1 better or firefox for internet browsing ??

maroon1 said:
I looked for the screenshots for IE7, it looks the same as mozilla firefox
anyway is IE7 beta1 better or firefox for internet browsing ??

DVD+R is better

EricB said:
DVD+R is better
Wrong thread but I know what one you intended to post in. Anyways -R has better bitsetting. +R is trully only good for the cheap Players where it is mistaken for -ROM most now will see it as +R so what is so great about it?

actually bitsetting was design for DVD+R first.

you have dvd rom (udf1.02) with almost universal compatiblity and dvd video (udf 1.50) for newer player and for data you have packet writing (udf 2.00) and mt rainer (udf 2.01). the last that I checked (2-3 years ago) the latter 2 didn't even work with -R although that might be changed now.

this was the original bitsetting program. It change the game of dvd writing forever. before this it was hit or miss whether your dvd played in your dvd player. actually instant cd/dvd was first. but they didn't use the word bitsetting

http://www.dvdinfopro.com/

my point being IE and FF both work now. one is not necessary better now (due to FF coming out. IE finally fix it's jack up engine with IE7). I like FF better because of customization. I also don't trust MS. it shouldn't have took another browser coming out for them to fix their plumbing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom