Building PC...Need Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still haven't gotten this question answered:

I'm going to be using an Athlon 64 x2 4200,

I know it's possible to alter the bios and get it to recognize both cores, but does anyone have any experience or really know about it?

Is it fairly complicated? I was looking at this board:

MSI K8N Neo4/SLI

It's lookin pretty solid. Should I be good? Not lookin to overclock but I want it to perform with a 6800GT and some more bells and whistles

PS: I hear all this hype about the LanParty boards, how would they compare with MSI, in respect to performance and use of x2 tech?

Hawkk said:
I still haven't gotten this question answered:

I'm going to be using an Athlon 64 x2 4200,

I know it's possible to alter the bios and get it to recognize both cores, but does anyone have any experience or really know about it?

Is it fairly complicated? I was looking at this board:

MSI K8N Neo4/SLI

It's lookin pretty solid. Should I be good? Not lookin to overclock but I want it to perform with a 6800GT and some more bells and whistles

You just have to flash the latest bios on the mobo. It should be explained very well in your mobo manual. Thats all.

And lol, your system will run like hell imo :)

if you get the MSI one, you can flash your bios through windows. you have to download LIveupdate on the mobo cd. and it is really really easy, i just flashed my bios. and it was superb!

PZEROFGH said:
if you get the MSI one, you can flash your bios through windows. you have to download LIveupdate on the mobo cd. and it is really really easy, i just flashed my bios. and it was superb!

But how does he even get to Windows if the motherboard doesn't recognise the processor? Or does it just not recognise one of the two cores?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom