Real CPU/Mainboard/Power temperatures?

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamacomputer

Solid State Member
I have two programs on my computer to display information: PC Wizard 2005 and SiSoft Sandra. The problem is that they're showing vastly different temperatures and I need to know which one is right.

PC Wizard 2005:
--------------------------
CPU: 40 C
Mainboard: 27 C
Power: 33 C

SiSoft Sandra:
--------------------------
CPU: 27 C
Mainboard: 33 C
Power: 40 C

How do I know which is correct? Especially the CPU temp (27!!!) has really surprised me. How can this be right?

I would say, look in bios and compare.
My cpu temp has surprised me to. When I bought my winchester in Januar and installed it, it said 23 C (boxed, air). Now its 31C (with Zalman and oc@2.6).

download everest. check with that, download MBM5 motherboard monitor 5. and also try to download speedfan, though that is the most inaccurate way to find your temps. i say MBM5 then check in the bios to see which one is most correct.

MAKE SURE YOU SELECT THE RIGHT MOBO.

Everest:
------------------
CPU: 40 C
Mainboard: 27 C
Power: 33 C

These are the same temperatures I'm reading from PC Wizard (although, the GPU temp in everest is 4 degrees lower... 47 vs 50 in PCW2k5). Is Sandra just not reliable?

I couldn't get MBM5 to work, as it does not have my motherboard listed.

Uhh the programs are getting the temps right, its just the naming thats off. What is your motherboard? Actually list your system.

Download a program called 'cpu burn-in' just google it. what ever temp goes up really fast when you run that program is the cpu temp. Couldn't tell you what the other 2 are.

My mobo is a PC Chips "Tidalwave" W30. Yea, not the best thing in the world. :/

And my CPU is a Socket A 2600+ Barton @ 1.92 GHz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom