Need a video card

Status
Not open for further replies.

reggie_da_man

Fully Optimized
Hi guys, I need a video card for my kinda new system. I'm looking for an AGP one. I need one that's under $100 with tax (I live in Quebec). I have a Radeon X300 in my Dell but that's my family pc, I need one for myself. I can play Counter-Srtike source with my current video card quite well...to my standards anyway. My question is what kind of video card can i get for the price I mentionned above that will give me roughly the same preformence as the X300? I was thinking maybe the Radeon 9600Pro?

The "new" system im building is just going to be an Athlon XP 3000 with a chaintech NF2 motherboard.

Thx a lot.

9600pro would be fine for under that amount of money. How come you don't want to chip in about $40 more and just get a 6600GT?

6600GT is 160$ CDN minimium, +15% tax for Ontario, quebec is also high on tax. <offtopic> should be as they are breaking our wallet</offtopic>

A 9600 Pro is a pretty decent card. I have seen them around for less than $100, and you should have no problem finding one either. Also, it should be able to run CS without any problem at a good setting.

Yup, will perform much better than that x300, but make sure the price isnt to high.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom