Bad Sectors or... it's diying...

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegendBreath

Daemon Poster
Hi,
My windows always says like "Delayed Write Failed" and then it's says that it may be cause by a computer hardware (like the hard drive...). And, as I wrote that message something weird happend, my friend IM me on MSN and then, the hard drive shut down and then it came again. It's not the first time that the shut down happened.

Is it possible that it's my power supply? I got a 350W with the following:

ASUS K8V-X
AMD Sempron 3000+ 64Bit
Infenion 512MB PC3200
Sapphire Radeon 9600 Pro Atlantis
CMI 8738 (PCI Sound Card)
Plextor 24x CD-RW
Standard 40x IDE CD-ROM
Maxtor 30GB IDE (Hard Drive! "The Problem")
And one stock CPU cooling...

So, anyone got an idea on this? I know that some of you got some ideas on this :D

I'd suggest you go out and get a new one before this one dies, so you can transfer some stuff over

I've just sort of gotten used to computer hardware dying. a few months ago, I got 3 dead motherboards within 2 weeks

Omg... well, almost all my computer died right now. I had replaced the motherboard and CPU 3 weeks ago and the video card 2 weeks ago.

And now a hard drive... nice, already own 150$ for that video card... geeeeez...

Doubt it... cuz the mobo and CPU I know why it fried... I was putting some "custom made" fans. Lol like the wire was all there lying in the case, then it probly just hit 2 contacts.

hmmm okay.. although I've never heard of fan wires killing the motherboard. unless they were bare wires.

if the hard drive stops again or gives any more trouble, I'd just say go and get a new one.
I'd recommend either a Seagate or Western Digital. I prefer Seagates.
you'll be looking for an IDE one, not a SATA one

hmm.. just looked at what your motherboard is. it does support SATA.
I said IDE because your current drive is IDE
considering your board supports SATA, you may as well get a SATA drive then. it's a bit harder to set up than IDE, because you need drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom