G Skill LA's at Newegg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nubius said:
if you go to the OCZ website, they have a press release regarding the fact that they use TCC5's now, not TCCDs
shit so G.Skill is the only one that uses them?

shit so G.Skill is the only one that uses them?
Don't know...as far as I know Patriot still uses them and I believe someone looked the other day and Corsair has a series that uses them....PQI Turbos might still use them....I honestly don't know which companies have switched and which ones have not...OCZ is one of the few I know where they blatantly made it clear on their website they switched to TCC5s.

I had to RMA my patriot memory which I got last year which I KNOW was TCCDs, so when talking to the reps I asked him if they were still using TCCDs and he gave me a rather ambiguous response of (reading directly from the e-mail he sent me) "Actually I can't release the chipset information to the customer, but we have not change the solution for our DDR XBL product yet" sooo basically what that tells me is they are still using TCCDs, I know for a fact they are still using brainpower PCB, you can tell by looking for a seriel number on the side of the stick.

Pretty confident it's TCCDs though or maybe that's just wishful thinking :p

I thought somewheres in what OCZ said was a statement that they still used TCCD in there higher end sticks because of the higher speeds.

the GBGH are good for a64 systems as they do ddr510 most of the time and always use 2-2-2-5 timing but the 4800FF are the best for massive cpu oc's as they can run the highest frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom