Gaming System on a budget

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syphanx

Daemon Poster
Hey guys,
Just wondering how this sounded?

1) AMD 939 MSI K8N NEO4 PLATINUM MOTHERBOARD

2) AMD ATHLON 64 SOCKET 939 3000+ PROCESSOR / BOX / VENICE CORE (Maybe a 3500+???)

3) LEADTEK PCI EXPRESS 6600GT 128MB VIDEO CARD

4) Another 1gb of Ram, to run dual channel do you have to have the exact same type of ram? I'm already running KINGSTON KVR400X64C3AK2 - 1G / 2 X 512MB DDR RAM at the moment, I was just wondering whether I would have to buy another one the same as that or I could go for something better like OCZ?

Please feel free for any suggestions!

I'll also be running a 19" LCD monitor, 200gb HDD + 40gb HDD (8mb cache's 7200rpm), pci soundblaster 16-bit card, 430W thermaltake psu w/ Soprano Case.

for gaming, you wont tell the difference between a 3000+ and a 3500+. The 3000+ probably will overclock to 3500+ speeds anyway.

Yeah but I was thinking that a 3500 would go up to a 3800 (probably higher) lol.
Afterall I am on a budget

about the cpu: i guess, but if you can invest the money somewhere else in your system, chances are it will be a better buy than the cpu.

Yah well im getting my monitor tomorrow, as it's my bday! lol. I'm not sure what my parents have chosen. However I think it may be a samsung 710N which unforunately has a 12ms response time, however... I dont think it is.. lol. Because I heard my dad talking a couple of nights ago and he was talking about an LG one. However I have no idea what model it is. I'll let you know.

Yeah I think I might just go for the 64 3000+ as I'm going to upgrade to an X2 maybe late next year (or whatever is the equivalent at that time, knowing the computer world something faster, better and newer will be out by then). Therefore I wanted a motherboard which would support AMD 64, 64 FX and X2.

well thats silly saying theres no diff between a 3000 and a 3500...if u can afford a 3500, then go for it...if u have 2x 512 already then stick with that for a while.....otherwise u lookin at buyin 2x1gb to get dual channel....with the lcd, try it out ...play some good games and if its no good, RETURN IT and get something else....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom